What to Do / Events near Angels Camp and Sonora homes.
5 December Things To Do In Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties
Okay, so being cooped up and bored at Grannie's house isn't an adventure all by itself? Don't get me wrong, family visits make for some precious memories, but sometimes it's nice to get out and look around during your visit. Here are five things to do in the month of December, perfect for full time residents and visitors alike:
- Second Saturday Art Night in downtown Sonora- Stores along Washington street stay open late - until around 8 pm. Visitors can enjoy free refreshments and live music hosted by many of the businesses, while they browse displays of craftwork, photography, paintings, and more. This event takes place on the second Saturday of every month, so plan on stepping out and seeing what it's all about!
- A Miner's Christmas - Experience a taste of what 1850's mining camp life was like during the winter. Enjoy hot cider, coffee, and roasted chestnuts while listening to tales of the Columbia miners. December 12, 13, 19 & 20th, from noon until 3 pm at Columbia State Park.
- The Nutcracker Ballet will be performed by the Studio 4 Dance Theater, at various times through the month of December, at the Bret Harte High School theater in Angels Camp.
- Visit the Winter Wonderland at Calaveras Big Trees State Park, featuring carriage rides, hot cocoa, cider, hot dogs, and chili. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10. for children.
- Candy Cane Makingat Nelson's Candy Kitchen in Columbia, CA.